Interested and qualified individuals should send a resume to the Pastor, Father Perry.
US Mail: 126 44th St, Sea Isle City, NJ 08243
(?) Tel#: 609-263-8696
Part Time: Minimum of 20 and maximum of 29 hours/week
GENERAL SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
St. Joseph Catholic Church is looking for a hard-working, solution-oriented, proactive individual to serve as the Facilities Manager. The Facilities Manager is
responsible for maintaining the physical environment of all buildings, grounds, and equipment in support of Clergy, Parishioners, and Staff. This includes both repairs and preventive maintenance to
ensure the parish campus facilities are in the best possible condition.
The ideal candidate has a servant's heart, takes their Catholic faith and discipleship seriously and is highly capable of performing facilities and maintenance work. This role will require a firm understanding of our Church's vision and values. The Facilities Manager regularly interacts with parishioners and must do so with courtesy, grace, and tact.
The ideal candidate knows how to manage a budget and is able to build productive relationships with vendors, contractors, and volunteers. He or she has business sense and can read/review and help negotiate agreements and contracts. The ideal candidate can perform key tasks independently in a timely manner and enjoys working in a team environment. He or she is extremely organized and good at managing multiple projects with vendors, staff, and volunteers. In addition, the ideal candidate is great at troubleshooting, researching, investigating, and solving problems.
This position will require a flexible work schedule. Normal hours will be from 8:30am to 12:30pm, Monday-Friday. This schedule may change should circumstances require coordination with external vendors, emergent work, and events outside the normal hours that require facilities management support.
Physical requirements include lifting of up to 60 pounds, assembling scaffolding, and working at heights on scaffolding and ladders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures that St. Joseph campus facilities are well-maintained and provide a safe environment.
• Manages contract custodial group to ensure facilities are clean and in good repair.
• Maintains landscaping and parking areas throughout entire parish campus. Major landscaping is performed under contract.
• Performs a wide range of duties in support of events and activities, including ensuring setup of chairs, tables, stages, decorations, or equipment as specified by St. Joseph staff, without compromising safety standards or fire codes.
• Assures preventive maintenance is performed on all mechanical, electrical, security, safety, lighting, audio, energy management, plumbing, and irrigation systems to ensure optimum performance and reliability, with particular emphasis on managing the HVAC control software.
• Works with Pastor and parish staff to determine renovation/repair projects to be undertaken.
• Solicits bids, plans, coordinates, implements, and inspects facility upgrades and renovations.
• Ensures that the renovations are safe and meet all construction specifications and codes.
• Works closely with engineers, architects, and others who are involved in the construction/maintenance process.
• Approves payment for contractors, reviewing and submitting change orders to the Pastor and parish staff, if necessary.
• Orders equipment, supplies, and oversees inventory control of facilities-related items.
• Creates and manages the budget for the facilities department, including funds needed for repairs, maintenance, upgrades, and new construction.
• Approves payment for contractors prior to submission to parish staff.
. Attends staff meetings and provides report on scheduled and emergent work.
• Participates in the design process of all facilities projects.
• Other duties/projects as assigned by the Pastor and parish staff